The engineers and producers at Studio 637 work on a wide variety of projects. Some of which include: Recording, Editing, Mixing, Mastering, Voice Over, ADR, Film Sound FX, Live Sound, and Audio Restoration.
Our crew (or yours) can utilize the Control Room, Vocal Booth, Live Room, and the gear.
Open and versatile, the live room is a 1,000 sq ft acoustically-tuned space with hardwood floors and sound clouds on the ceilings. The sound of the room can be transformed with Studio 637’s custom wooden diffusion panels and various gobos. The flexibility of the room makes it ideal for recording a wide variety of instruments and makes it possible to achieve different tones and textures.
Carpeted, isolated, and tuned, the control room is floated off the foundation/live room and is also acoustically treated. Making sure the sound is true is very important, but so is your comfort. The control room features: A/C and heater control, a leather couch, and a large Sony TV screen.
I recorded 3 songs at Studio 637 for Jake Nowels (son of Brad Nowels of Sublime) a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the experience very much. Everything worked perfectly. Great gear and mics and the staff there is totally on point. Extremely helpful. Most importantly, the songs came out great. Plus the beach vibe is very inspirational. Couldn’t have asked for more. Thanks Kevin and the whole staff at Studio 637.
– Dave Aron, multi-platinum engineer/mixer/producer (Sublime, Snoop Dogg)
Audio production at Studio 637 starts in either our 1,000 sq ft, acoustically-tuned live-room, or in our custom vocal booth. It is recorded using our Avid C|24 Digital Control Surface, through UAD Apollo interfaces, into Pro Tools 12, which is complimented by 100’s of pro-level plug-ins from Waves Audio, Universal Audio and many more. Signal is monitored through either:
- Custom Mains made by Dub Electronics Inc. Capable of producing frequencies from 18Hz-40kHz by using a 4-way system comprised of 4x 15” speakers for lows, 4x 12” speakers for mids, and a horn dedicated to the highs with an added harmonic driver. These concert level monitors are an experience whether you are mixing your latest record or enjoying some of your favorite tunes (bass heavy tunes preferred).
- Near-Field Monitors: Yamaha HS8’s paired with a JBL LSR4312SP Subwoofer
Studio time optionally includes a professional engineer.
- Trident Trimix analog console
- Universal Audio 2-1176 stereo compressor
- Avalon Vt737sp tube preamp
- API 3124 preamps
All outboard gear is easily accessible using our Switchcraft Patchbay.
In-house back-line instruments available for use include:
- Buzz Feiten Blues Pro Electric Guitar
- Buzz Feiten T-Pro Electric Guitar
- Michael Peter’s Handmade Acoustic Guitar – African Rosewood
- Red Rocket! RocketMaster Electric Guitar
- Rock N’ Roll Relics Richards Electric Guitar
- Rock N’ Roll Relics Vicious Bass Guitar
- Martin Acoustic Guitar
- Roland XV88 Key Board
- Fully Refurbished Fender Rhodes Suitcase 73 Electric Piano
- Crumar T1 Organ
- Hohner D6 Clavinet
- Leslie Rotary Speaker Cabinet
- Moog Voyager XL Synth
- VOX AD100VT Amp, capable of modeling a wide range of desired amp styles and tones.
- BootLegger Tube Amps
- Louis Electric Tube Amps (KR12, Buster)
- Mesa Boogie Nomad Tube Amp
- A large assortment of FX Pedals from Boss, Moog, Electro-Harmonix and more
- Gretsch Catalina Maple drum kit
- Ampeg Bass Amp
- Tube Mics: Telefunken AK-47, Dave Pearlman TM1
- Ribbon Mics: Royer 121’s
- AKG: C414’s (Matched Stereo Pair), C214
- NEUMANN: KM 184’s (Matched Stereo Pairs), TLM 102
- BLUE: Mouse, Woodpecker, Blueberry, Dragonfly
- SHURE: SM7B, SM 57’s, SM 58’s, Beta 57, Beta 58, D112, Beta 91A
- SENNHEISER: MD 421’s, e 604’s, e 609
- YAMAHA Sub Kick
Production Sound Gear:
- Audio-Technica AT8035 Shotgun Microphone
- Sennheiser Wireless Lavalier Microphones
- ZOOM F8 – Digital Multitrack Field Recorder
Off-site back-line (available on request)
- Paul Reed Smith Custom-22 Electric Guitar
- Ibanez 6-string RG-Series Electric Guitar
- Ibanez 7-string S-Series Electric Guitar
- Alhambra Flamenco Style Nylon String Guitar (Handmade In Spain)
- Fender DG 11E Electric/Acoustic Guitar
- Korg Wavedrum Global Edition Dynamic Percussion Synth